Labels

Baby (35) Fashion (11) Travel (10) Food (7) Other stuff I like (5)

Thursday 26 April 2012

Afternoon tea at the British Museum

My maternity leave is coming to an end and I am trying to fit into my remaining time all the things I had planned but never got round to do. So yesterday, the Baby and I plus friend and baby went to the British Museum. We looked at the Parthenon Temple (447-438 BC in case you are interested in this kind of stuff) and the Egyptian section. After all this culture we were in desperate need of a drink and something to eat.
This we got at the 3rd floor restaurant. It sits below the British Museum's beautiful glass roof and, even on a rainy day like yesterday, it was a very light space to have a rest. They serve full afternoon tea but we simply chose tea with a couple of scones, which were delicious (the Baby approved too!). Even though the museum was very busy, probably because the restaurant is slightly out of the way and looks fancier than your standard museum cafe, only a couple of tables were occupied and we had lots of space for the buggies. Slightly upsetting to discover this great place at the end of my maternity leave only...

No comments:

Post a Comment